top of page

Self Assessment

Self Assessment is a system HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) uses to collect Income Tax.


Tax is usually deducted automatically from wages, pensions and savings. People and businesses with other income (including COVID-19 grants and support payments) must report it in a tax return.

You must send a tax return if, in the last tax year, you were:

  • Self-employed as a ‘sole trader’ and earned more than £1,000 (before taking off anything you can claim tax relief on)

  • A partner in a business partnership

You will not usually need to send a return if your only income is from your wages or pension. But you may need to send one if you have any other untaxed income, such as:

  • Some COVID-19 grant or support payments

  • Money from renting out a property

  • Tips and commission

  • Income from savings, investments and dividends

  • Foreign income

We can help you submit the correct tax return so you only pay the right amount of tax. 

Fill In Your Info

Thanks for submitting!

   * Minimum charges and T&Cs apply.

bottom of page